Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Work in Progress

     I have been diligently working to organize my new classroom.  I am moving from fourth grade to second grade.  I am super pumped about this change and ready to get started planning curriculum, but before I can plan I needed to organize my classroom.  So here are my before classroom pictures...


     As with any move, you never know where to start. Luckily I came across an awesome ebook by Melanie at SchoolGirlStyle - Decorate Like a Pro the Schoolgirl Style Way. (Here is the link... http://shopschoolgirlstyle.com/item_557/Decorate-Like-a-Pro-the-Schoolgirl-Style-Way.htm )  This is a great resource for any new or veteran teacher who wants to spice up their classroom.  Melanie's ideas are wonderful and super cute!!  I am combining two of her classroom themes this year Sunny Skies and Vintage Chic Pink.
     Here is what I have done so far in my classroom...




     I'm still unpacking boxes but it is starting to come together.  I will post more pictures when I'm done.


2 comments:

  1. Looking GREAT! I've been getting stuff ready at home but haven't done ANYTHING in my actual classroom yet. I'm going to go into panic mode if I don't SOON!
    OH - you need to get a Bloglovin' button - all the cool kids are doing it.
    :) Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vintage Chic Pink matches your blog!! So cute! It will be great since there is so much with the blackboard background right now! Welcome to blogging (writing not stalking :) )

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete